- Part 1 from December 2006 - There's a hole in my bucket
- Part 2 from April 2007 - Bucket hole #4 and #5
- Part 3 from June 2007 - Can I bring it home for the boys
And, in lieu of
- the happy blog I was going to write today about the sunshine and flowerbeds and muesli bars,
- the traumatic blog going to write today about the screaming teenage couple having a domestic in front of our house and the plight and fear of the abused woman,
- the moving blog I was going to complete alluded to in the previous post,
- the funny blog I was going to write about my hairdressing therapist daughter,
I write to you concerning my front loader washing machine.
I bought my Electrolux EcoValve 6.5kg Frontloading Washing Machine from Myer Megamart in late July 2005.
Until April this year, I had no problems with the product. However, I was required to exercise my 2 year warranty with the problem at that point. The local Electrolux servicemen took the machine away as some motherboard component had failed (to quote his words quoting the big Electrolux repairman training them that week, it always happens on these machines.)
Obviously, my Electrolux EcoValve 6.5kg Frontloading Washing Machine will have run out of the 2 year warranty period recently, so (it seems with all household products these days) it decided to stop working today.
During a normal load, the "end" light and "door" light both came on and nothing will change that configuration.
Using the users manual, we have drained the machine and checked and cleaned the filter - to no avail.
During the time of having the machine turned off, we were able to open the door and take out the load - but upon reconnecting, the "end" light and "door" light both came on no matter what cycle we tried or button we pressed.
Could you please advise if (a) it is worth while attempting to repair your product, given the 2 year warranty period has expired and the design is set for that factor, (b) what we should be looking for if it is a repairable problem, and/or (c) which of your competitors products we should consider when replacing this.
I anticipate your response.
Slightly disgruntled (previous to April relatively joyous) Electrolux client