- Finally left Sunday after a domestic dispute (not ours - we were witness to it - nice, and advice to the girl - leave him!! Don't wait for next time)
- Arrived in Brisbane safely after an uneventful trip
- Spent time with the Croatian outlaws
- Had nephew's birthday on the Monday, a day completely hijacked by ex-SIL's antics - including a display of PMT that makes me look like a kitten
- Spent time with an old friend
- Negotiated ex-MIL's landmine remarks about - oh, about everything especially to do with her family
- Spent time with a few more old friends
- Tiptoed through Croatian outlaws intricate family web of self-deception and ability to transmit guilt on to loved ones
- Went to the museum (with a million other children and adults)
- Blogged in my mind
- Escaped, (timed to avoid fatal road accidents on highway) and got home to a very welcoming cat and man.
Since then, we have been wet (due to the sky, not the sea), shopping and preparing for one wonderful man's birthday today.
Last year I stuffed it up completely with a little help from the ex-SIL and 'Salina's best friend forever. This year he is having a celebration with us - but I still don't have any gifts for him. I have, however, baked a cake.
I will be back in the land of the blog before long, I am sure, but until then I have a cake to ice, a perfect gift to find, four loads of laundry to clean, dry, fold and put away, a father to have coffee with, a house to prepare for five visitors tomorrow night, another trip to prepare for next week - oh, and cope with the ramifications of the internet thumbing its nose at my attempts to send attachments like reports to government bodies.
I did have some good mental blogs while away, however. And I hope to catch up on all of your news as soon as possible.