And along the way, you "meet" other bloggers - you like one of their comments on another blog so you click on through, you think their name is interesting on a blogroll, they stumble across you and say g'day, someone else likes their stuff and links it, you join a community and - well, its all discovery, isn't it?
And then there are games you can play - there seems to be a game or two for every day of the week where you can do your own post on a theme, a letter, a photo, an idea. There are festivals and competitions and challenges and awards - and memes.
You can see where I am leading, right?
You can see this is a roundabout way of saying I've been tagged by a lady I met through such a procession.
Because I found Confessions of a Pioneer Woman and sent Bush Babe to check it out (which helped her over the hurdle of starting her own blog) where she wrote a comment and attracted a few interesting ladies to comment on hers who I then clicked on - and that is where I found Debby.
Man, I am glad I did. This lady is funny but wise and witty and between the lines you realise that life may not have been always as amusing, but she is darned determined to find the joy - and "Life's Funny Like That" was a great blog to find.
So anyway, I am meant to talk about "My Five Pet Peeves". The problem is, she has taken a lot that I would love to have put down!
And while I would love to play on words and include "Pet" as the focus, we only have Eddie and he is far too beautiful to relate to the word "Peeves".
So I pondered - and I thought "man, you have been whinging for days and I am sick to death of all this negativity, so anyone left reading you will be begging for mercy if you make it too blue".
But then I thought "well, with all this whinging, I am getting pretty good at it, so lets let it go with both barrels".
Which brings me to my first peeve.
1. I hate it when the voices in my head start arguing and neither side will listen to reason! I mean, I need a mediator in there to sort things out occasionally. Except, of course, a mediator would never find her way through all the other carp that I just shove in there and be so exasperated when she finds them battling that she would probably just hit them together or start another argument. See - even my imaginary mediator is ready for a stoush! Don't you just wish they would all sit quietly some time and let it all be? Ommmm.
2. I hate that I have always been absolutely adamant about how good Yoga and Meditation would be for me, and yet I have never actually gone. Can you believe it?
3. I hate how I am can't just slip down to put something extra into the bin at 6.25am on garbage days because I am still in my nightie and there is a construction site on the other side of the road. Why can't I just make myself invisible for the purposes of the exercise? It would save a lot of frustration and angst my end. Of course, I could cause them a little frustration by an early morning stroll in the negligee - but then the above voices would be hammering at me again, and I need a few caffeine hits to handle them.
4. I hate that the school bus returns my daughter just as I get my teeth into a good rant and therefore I am stuck in the quandary of quality time with 'Salina vs quality time griping, and just when the Good Jeanie wins that battle I get advised that 'Salina has social plans and can she go play with the girl down the road, and Bad Jeanie is all dancing and ecstatic because now she can get a bit more off her chest.
5. I hate that I have enjoyed this so much! It should be harder to find things to get stuck in my craw - I should not be able to just fire off five and feel disappointment that there is only 5, and not 10 or 20 more because I just remembered about kicking bricks and the angst of passing this on and Centre!ink visits and outlaws and cats and hoons and hairstyles and ....
Well, we have now scientifically proven that I am a champion whinging cow, and now I have the pleasure of tagging - well, anyone who wants to play, really.
I have just discovered how much fun it is, I want to spread the Joy! (Oh, and I have a decision-making crisis if I were to tag, having recently given all my known readers awards and I don't want to show any favour) (I know, that IS bull, but I still have the same crisis, just can't choose between you all) (yes, yes - bull again, any of you still reading. Anyone? Anyone at all?)