Saturday, April 01, 2023

crone

Not quite, but the signposts are getting clearer (or is that too fuzzy? Stupid little fonts they use these days!)

I no longer care about my cleavage, and I have decided to embrace the grey. 

There are bits that move and you think "that needs a good oil" (but not in a dirty way) (see, getting old)

There are bits that move that shouldn't.

As motoring enthusiasts (& not so enthusiastics) know, there comes a time when you notice the repairs are getting a little more intensive. I'm probably going to need new belts or something equally sinister (can you tell "motoring enthusiast" does not come to me naturally?). 

The sort of service that might have that "No longer economically viable to sustain" judgement be made - in a car.
Phew. 
Don't pull the pin.

There are good books to read. I just finished "An Afterlife for Rosemary Lamb" by Louise Wolhunter. Goodreads page on it an author page

I have also recently finished the audio book of Burt Bacharach's autobiography "Anyone who had a heart - my life and music". That was interesting.

Am going to Mum and Dad's for a quick weekend visit. Be in the same general vicinity of my siblings for 24 hours. Get about 5 hours of an audiobook and drive with Paris.

Bought tickets today to fly out to see V.'s mum and brother (and no doubt other people) but such tight time constraints for work and school and working people wide mean that it will really only be a few weeks once you factor the time that it takes in getting there and back.

And then you realise that this is very much a "21st century problem" (or are we up to 22nd now? Is 21st so last century? I can't remember if that is one of those stupid math rules or a sensible one)

Darn. Glitch in the app means a swathe of my book blabber has vanished, but believe that it was good and would have piqued your interest in "The Birdman's Wife" (Elizabeth Gould) and "An Unconventional Wife" (Julia Sorrell)
So your take " taking it gracefully" or "kicking and screaming"?
Or old enough to think naught of it, what will be will be.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations on embracing the grey. I've honestly never really understood the need to color hair. As for all that other body stuff... ugh. It is what it is, but I don't have to like it.

jeanie said...

I have coloured my hair since I was 16 (well, except for one stage in my 20s where I wanted to see if it was still an atrocious shade of brown - it was)

I just tried to comment on your blog, but wordpress and I have a dance that I often fail.

Kelly said...

That's okay. There are some Blogger blogs that won't let me comment at all. At least yours lets me fill in my info and comment, even it it won't recognize my old Blogger account.

Debby said...

I just refuse to think about it...unless I happen to wake up in the middle of the night. Then I spend a big chunk of the night thinking about it.

jeanie said...

Ah insomnia - what a delightful dancing partner.