Yesterday we put up the swing set without any major relationship fall outs, which I have had said to me is the first test. I have also learned that just because an idea crosses my mind, it is not a fantastic idea to then weave it into perceived reality and then disappointment when it does not happen AT THE EXACT MOMENT I think it should happen. It did happen, and it happened before the world collapsed - which was in God's (and V's) infinite plan, no doubt.
I also finally finished washing all bedding and clothing littering my laundry. Well, we would have had I remembered to put anything in to 2 of the loads. See, I have a method to my laundering that goes thus:
- Sort washing into n loads.
- Put in powder into machine.
- Manually turn on hot water tap.
- Start machine filling.
- Start pegging out.
At a provident moment go back to the machine. Manually turn off hot water tap to save the entire downstairs from flooding. Load the clothes in to the washing machine.
- Hear the machine stop filling.
- Swear and dash inside.
- Manually turn off hot water tap to save the entire downstairs from flooding.
- Load the clothes in to the washing machine.
- Finish the pegging.
- When the load finishes, manually switch it to spin cycle.
- Unload the clothes into basket.
- Repeat the steps 2-15 n times - or n + x times, depending on how many times you forget step 8/12.
I blame swing set construction distractions for my x=2.
But now all the washing is finally done and dusted. Which just makes the sad
As are several little jobs, a promotional blitz and organising a trip away at the end of the week - by 3 today - so won't be here long.
Both Saturday night and Sunday did not fall into the "restful" category, as I had the most vivid dreams where I could have sworn I was awake - but really, really tired.
Saturdays involved making out with V on a school bus, being busted by his cousin, meeting an extended (and rather judgemental and nasty) family, lots of food, accusations of not being Christ-like (what the?) and V getting progressively younger, until as my 17 year old boyfriend unrecognisable.
I awoke, thought that it was strange, went back to sleep and proceeded to have the same dream over. Some bits were changed - the extended family grew to include my extended family including the outlaws, a gay couple I don't know and some other friends; my ex-BIL was very obnoxious and my aunt bawled him out, the gay couple were caught making out and we had a discussion and 'Salina was a nightmare in sass and behaviour, leading me to not get any food and then accused of not being Christ-like.
Last night, I had many vignettes, but all so real that I truly panicked at a few turns.
- My father bought me a four-wheel drive that came with a boat, a coat, toys in every pocket and was part of some new film promotion.
- I stayed at a friend's parent's house but I couldn't remember whose. '
- I put my foot in my mouth about someone's employment.
- Another friend was laid up in bed after a mysterious "accident" that involved flooding.
- I let a poodle into a secret hallway that then barked and woke the whole house.
- I forgot to pack anything and we were away from home for 5 days.
- V's tongue had green spots and glowed in the dark.
- 'Salina had to start at a new school and I couldn't find it.
- I had to find my sister and it was getting dark and she didn't know where we were staying, and I couldn't tell her as that would admit I didn't know whose house we were staying at.
- Mum wanted to take the car back as Dad didn't have the money, but we couldn't find where it had come from or my car.
- People were talking to me but I couldn't keep my eyes open as I was so tired
I was very glad to wake up, but exhausted.
I got one call about confirmation of work I have to do by tomorrow evening (won't take long), one call about a query on past work I have to look up (again, won't take long) and one call about something quite exciting but huge that may be of interest to me in the future.
On Wednesday I have to meet my sister somewhere and give her my child then drive to where I am doing training. According to whereis, it will take me between 9-10 hours driving time (add an hour to that as NSW is on daylight savings), so will be a huge day in the driver's seat.
Thursday and Friday I will be learning all there is to know about some rural software packages so I can be able to pass on my wisdom to the software company's clients and possibly entice new business for them, too.
I have to long-distance negotiate a drop-off between my extremely reliable sister and my slightly erratic outlaw family. Ever since my ex-SIL took her extremely drunk boyfriend round to my sister's one time - or the other version, took her Zimbabwean boyfriend round to my racist brother-in-law's one time - more diplomacy has been required. Thank goodness for Baka, who thinks all my family are wonderful ladies and gentlemen - and my family look most kindly to her - all we need is for her to not be visiting the casino at that point in time and it will be sweet.
Friday night to Sunday morning I will be catching up with one of my oldest girlfriends and her posse on the beach in Northern NSW.
Sunday morning I will collect 'Salina from the outlaws and come back here to collapse!
Edited to add - LERF just CALLED ME! As exciting as that is, even moreso is the fact that their technicians are coming to my place to fix the machine - RIGHT NOW!