Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Balls

Great word, isn't it? Has so many meanings, can convey feelings both joyous and exasperated (another of my favourites), is a noun in several senses, a verb covering a few very different actions - and in this case, an almost expletive...

Today, it is going to start as such - as in "What a balls up, I failed to put my cookies (or bickies, as we prefer to call them) forward for Jenn's Second Annual Virtual Cookie Exchange" - but then I remembered that today is yesterday in Jenn's Land, and I would continue my balls analogy except I can't think of a way of working a ball into "Phew".

So here is yesterday's post (tee hee).

Way back when, I gave you Jeanie's Marvellous Muesli Bars - well, now, here is the variation of Sunday that is awesomely good (and I have testers standing by just waiting for the next batch)

Great Balls of Muesli

1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup coconut
6 dried apricots - chopped
1/2 cup sultanas
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup choc chips
155g butter
1 tbsp honey

Mix all dry ingredients. Melt butter, mix in honey and then mix with dry ingredients.
Put into a lined slice tin and bake in moderate oven for 1/4 hour.
When you take it out, let it cool to handle, scoop up tbsp amounts, squeeze out excess butter, roll into balls and put 1/2 balls onto a biscuit tray.
Bake again for another 1/4 hour.
Really, really yummy - makes 36.




I know that "Currently under revision" sign has been on my blogroll for so long now it is embarrassing. And the longer it remains so, the more great blogs I am finding - too many for me to keep up with (despite wiping it clean every week or so, there are 3519 unread posts in my bloglines). So from today, I will update 10 at a time with those I really enjoy.

Wonderful posts recently from

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sound fantastic! Thanks for participating!

Julie Pippert said...

Balls is a great word, especially for expressions. Balls up is new; I will add that in. I like it---vaguely nasty. LOL

And that recipe...yum!

Wait, you linkied me. THANKS!

Julie
Using My Words