Monday, December 31, 2007

Come Midnight

I don't think my life will change dramatically, come midnight, but this year - the first for many - I intend to make resolves and goals.

I am going to get myself more excited about my life - I am going to seriously contemplate my health, my career, my family and my goals. I am stopping from the self-sacked attitude and seeing what I can fashion - who knows.

I know that I could make resolutions at any point in time - and it is funny (peculiar) that the midnight hour on the 31st of December is a touchstone for these promises to myself.

I have always been resolutely non-resolution - but in this instance, I am contemplating 2008 as a fresh page, one that I have intention of etching with a bit of who I want to be, and I chose to be excited by the prospect of that.

So to everyone out there - have a safe and happy journey in to 2008, and I hope that the New Year brings all your wishes and dreams that step or two closer.

7 comments:

Julie Pippert said...

Ah, a fresh page, with your own resolute etchings. I like that.

The very best to you in 2008!

Julie
Using My Words

Liv said...

right back at you. wishing you wonderful things in the new year!

Maude Lynn said...

Happy New Year, Jeanie!

Tracey said...

Enjoy etching this fresh page Jeanie! I've always been a bit anti-resolutionist, but I still tend to treat the new year like opening a brand new notebook. Mind you, there's a lot that you have to scratch in already - and you have to fit new goals in amongst it all. That's the challenge. Cheers!

Jen at Semantically driven said...

Good luck with your resolutions. I'm sure 2008 will be the year that you want it to be. Happy new year.

Brissiemum2 said...

Happy new year to you, too. Resolutions have always been non-events or big let-downs to me, too! But you are right, new year is a good time to contemplate them!

Melody said...

Thanks Jeanie, and 'ditto' to you.