Mistress B at Dances to the Beet of Her Own Drum hosts a weekly round up of such - and until last night, I would have scoffed at my need to include myself in it.
And then, last night happened.
Last night really began yesterday morning, with the usual
As I was
'Salina then made the inadvised move of asking me to fill out a form before making sure I wasn't dying of lead poisoning.
Yesterday afternoon, 'Salina finished her chores and asked Girl-Down-the-Road for a play. Play they did, but she was not a stepfather-friendly version at the conclusion of the playdate. After overlooking a myriad of implements they had strewn around the backyard and failing to advise on the breakage of backyard furnishings, there was somewhat of a strained atmosphere in Chez Paradise during the evening.
An addendum to this situation was discovered today - apparently she and GDR discovered the cache of bonbonierie hidden in the fridge downstairs - and helped themselves.
Last night (after the long evening), I was
Today, the fan in our bedroom died, and so joins the microwave and the electric keyboard on implement demises over the last week - we are hoping to heck that the rule of three applies.
However - on the list of things that I hope will not be affected by our current run of outs
- there is a trivia night tonight in the chatroom on a forum that I love;
- I have an interview tomorrow for a part-time job that would dovetail nicely into the work I currently am doing;
- My sister gets to eat her birthday dinner here;
- I am tuck-shop
bitchboss for Thursday and Friday;
- 'Salina is having a break-up training session for Softball on Thursday - at the swimming pool; and
- the weather is absolutely divine
So, how is life treating you?