Saturday, March 30, 2024

The traditional Easter cauliflower

 Perhaps this is the way family folklore begins.

See, my parents are in what Dad likes to call bonus time. And of late bonus time has become a bonus in a myriad of ways including sarcasm, because the busy-ness of life has been encroaching from all areas.

Extended family health issues and work-related unspoken issues and international peace issues and bridges falling down and being a sideline party to "an adolescent and her phone" relationship and organising a road trip to see elderly relatives with other elderly relatives and I can bore myself with the soap opera that seems to surround - or at least I can spin it that way...

When in reality my life is if today is what day I will eat this and wear this and do this and watch this and from the moment that I wake up on any given day I have it prescribed and proscribed down to the timers going off advising me the next step - and writing blogs have fallen off the rigid routine.

But anyway, I went on an overnight trip to visit my folks and cook them a meal for Easter and my sister and her husband joined us.

She arrived carrying a hot potato salad and much chocolate.

I had brought frozen fish fillets from the freezer section at Aldi because I had time to do so on Wednesday afternoon - and calamari rings and carrots (is there a theme?) and corn - and (as I apologise to my sister for lack of sweets reciprocation) "the traditional Easter cauliflower".

For the Traditional Easter Cauliflower Cheese at dinner.

(Photo credit to Bush Babe of Oz)

Do you think that it will catch on?


5 comments:

Kelly said...

Good to see you back. Yes, life can certainly get in the way of blogs! Easter Cauliflower. It looks tasty, so maybe it will become a tradition! No one comes home for Easter anymore here, so I haven't decided yet what we'll eat.

gz said...

Nice to see you escaping to your blog and our company!

Families "who'd have 'em, " eh?!!

Helen said...

Mmm, looks yummy! Yes, it should take off. You sound super busy… I hope you get more downtime. Xx

jeanie said...

I am doing another batch with a roast for dinner tonight with V and my daughters

jeanie said...

I won lotto with mine but everyone is getting older...