Saturday, April 18, 2009

Today brings renewed joy

Today, I awoke at my usual "oh look, I should be still asleep" o'clock and tried out my 20 minute rule.

So, as usual, I was up by 1/4 to 4 and cracking.

I did a couple of hours work and sent out my invoices for the week.

I saw the sunrise (well, lighten - too much development to appreciate the orb transit).

I contemplated my day and smiled.

Because today we are going here:


(well, down behind the hill on the far right where the showgrounds are!)
(oh - please note it will be much greener today than that - there has been rain!)

We will see family members.

And I get to see my gorgeous daughter after 6 days of her absense.

I missed her sooooooo much.

I know I mentioned appreciating her gone so I could cook curry - but I can always make two dishes.

It has been handy having access to her (my old) computer at crack of dawn so I can do the full-time work and my own work around the edges - this will go on for another 10 days (celebration on the 30th!!) but we will manage.

15 comments:

Alison said...

LOVE that pic!
Hope your morning was productive and you enjoy your reunion today :-)

Woman in a Window said...

I'll say gorgeous. My god! Perfect!

Jayne said...

Woohoo!
Love the 'Salina pic, when does her tribe take over the universe? ;p

Leenie said...

I don't know what kind of wickeness Mother Nature plays on us women. Just when the children get old enough to sleep through the night, there is the WHY CAN'T I SLEEP? IT IS THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!! There are plenty who will offer advice. Not me. I am too tired.

Bush Babe said...

Yep - it was really beautiful there at the show - hot but beautiful. And Salina was lovely to have visit too - thanks for sharing her!!!!
:-)
BB

Tracey said...

Wish I could borrow your ability to wake up at what feels like the middle of the night. Just for Saturday mornings though (when I get up to go bike riding, and feel like death for the rest of the day.)

Tamsyn said...

Gorgeous pick of Salina, I love it!

Sarah Lulu said...

I hope you had a wonderful time with your daughter.

Crazed Mom said...

I hope you had a fantabulous time!!!!!!

HUGZ

Melody said...

Awwww.....Is that a big hug 'Salina is offering?

M+B said...

Beautiful pic of 'Salina (even in the dirt she's gorgeous)!

At the moment I'm lucky to be asleep at that time, let alone getting up at that time :)

Debby said...

I love that picture of 'Salina!

rhubarbwhine said...

That is agorgeous image of your angel. I love it.

Mistress B said...

Great pic!

Hope you had a great reunion!

widdleshamrock said...

What lovely pictures !!! Both the view and your daughter.

Did you ahve a nice reunion?