Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mmmmmmmmwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

At 9.02am on the 11th of January sometime last century, a boy child was born in San Diego.

First conundrum - does that make the "official" birthmoment 9.02am here, or 3.02am tomorrow morning here?

After two score and something years, a lot of adventures and a journey across the globe, this boy child (now a man) entered our lives.

For the last 2 years we have given him carrot cake. Not always on the day, but with much love and icing. This year is no different.

I love you so much, honey. Thanks for being in our lives.

I am glad the sunshine I pre-ordered came through, and sorry that I hadn't cleared the beach of nippers for you to get more out of the very rare surf.

Mmmmmmmmwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww. Happy Birthday to your little one. Many Happy Returns to Jeanie's boy.

Since my own Shortman has designs to move to your side of the world, I guess I will have that conundrum to deal with eventually. He'll have a birthday the day before it actually is. ;-)

Maude Lynn said...

Happy Birthday to V!

MissyBoo said...

Many Happy Returns, V! Sounds like Jeanie and 'Salina are looking after you well :-)

Melody said...

Happy Brithday to the bloke *heehee* in Jeanie's life.

Brissiemum2 said...

Happy birthday to him!!! I love the way that you describe it as 'sometime last century'! Hmmmm...think I'll use that line for me this year!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, happy happy happy! And a mwahh from me too - cyber wise of course!

Debby said...

Happy Birthday V! Carrot cake and your 'new' little family. What more could a man ask for? Besides a surf without nippers, I mean.

Hope your day was lovely...all of you!

Jayne said...

Many happy returns to V!

Tracey said...

Happy Birthday V!! I reckon it needs to be celebrated for both time zones! Which should mean lots of carrot cake.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday V!!!

Crazed Nitwit said...

You are the most awesome birthday planner! Can you get me some sun on March 10th?

Happy Birthday to V!

Lin said...

Happy birthday V!

(My word verificatio is 'derefun'.)

Woman in a Window said...

ummm, carrot cake.
Happy Belated!