We are having tonight what we had last night - I am cooking it all over again because IT WAS THAT GOOD!! and tonight, you get to share.
Firstly, you will note that 'Salina does not have a place at the table tonight. This is due to my suddenly working 11ty-thousand hours next week, which happens to be school holidays and what-the-ho - there is no vacation care left unbooked. She doesn't mind being shipped off to Auntie BB's, Grandpa certainly doesn't mind an offsider for his little mustering jaunts, and I hope Auntie BB doesn't mind the extra (ravenous) mouth to feed.
I miss her already, though.
But I don't miss having to wrack my brains for child-friendly versions of something so scrumptelicious as the following.
Got your bibs on?
Firstly, I am not retyping the recipe I found through Chef Google, instead I will give you the link for an excellent Madras Beef Curry from Taste magazine.
For the accompanying dish, I have to google my own brain, as it was one of my vegetarian staples from long, long ago.
Jeanie's Aussified Palak Paneer
- garlic - few cloves minced
- ginger - bout the same amount as the garlic
- good shake of cumin seeds
- 4-6 cardomom pods
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- bit of tumeric
- few curry leaves
- some chili however you find it
- diced onion
- oops - nearly forgot some lemon juice
- tin of tomatoes
- Spinach - lots cooked/frozen and chopped
- feta cheese
How to make it
- Heat up the oil
- Add the spices and fry while you chop the onion
- Add the onion and cook while you look for the can opener.
- The good news was I didn't need a tin opener, as I spent a week while rinsing out my eyes.
- Add the tomatoes and mush in with the spinach
check it out - cubies!!
- Cook for a while and adjust liquid a little if required
mmmm - soylant green
- oops - if you forgot to put the lemon juice in with the onion - ahem - now would be a good time to do so!
- Cube the feta and add
- Cook for another 10 minutes while your rice cooker does its thing
Beautiful with rice. And natural yoghurt. And nan/roti/chapati/heck, bread!