Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ah - the sweet sleep of youth...

I did not get to remember my dreams the other night.

I had a hard time getting to sleep, as my mind switched on and ground like an old computer for quite some time before getting the message that I DIDN'T WANT TO LISTEN any more.

I had a hard time staying asleep, as the weather here is being extremely bipolar, and doesn't limit itself to daytime idiosynchrasies. Therefore, snuggling up at 10pm for warmth equates to kicking off covers and loved ones throughout the night to ease sweating.

But I did my best.

I had a hard time staying in my bed as 'Salina woke me at 2.47am to let me know she couldn't get back to sleep. After 17 minutes of soothing her, tucking her in, giving her cough medicine, finding her some water, soothing her, tucking her in, hushing her and telling her to STOP LOOKING AT THE DOGGARNED CLOCK I returned to my own.

Mind decided NOW I might want to listen to it whir. I told it to LET ME SLEEP because I really wanted to.

At sometime o'clock, 'Salina woke me again to tell me about the new scary dream that had woken her again. I just grunted and rolled to allow her some room in our bed because I sure as heck was not going through the 3am ritual again.

6.05 and the heat from bodies on both sides of me meant that my chances were shot. V got up to get ready for work and I got up to get ready for my day.

I went back in to the bedroom to get my computer - 'Salina was no longer in our bed.



I went to check on her own bed - she wasn't there either.



Not on the lounge. Not in the bathroom.

Where oh where could my little girl be?


12 comments:

Alison said...

LOL! That pesky gravity!

BB said...

Oh dear... too sweet. That was one deep morning sleep. Poor darlin'.

Actually i thought you said "sweat sleep" in your headline - we ended up somewhere else altogether!!!

BB

Crazed Nitwit said...

That's great! Kids can sleep anywhere!

Debby said...

OOOOOOOh Jeanie! I've heard tell of the monster beneath the bed...and it had Salina. And you just stood there taking pictures. Some mother you are!!!

Jen at Semantically driven said...

That's funny. I bet you wish you were asleep too, but not in that position.

mommamia said...

I love the pictures. Too sweet.

David said...

Good for her! I'm still terrified of the lions and tigers that live under the bed.

Pencil Writer said...

Musn't grease the sheets, particularly with, as Alison mentioned, pesky gravity on the loose and all.

I 'spose it's all about when one's tired enough, one can sleep anywhere?

Did dear Salina wake with a nasty crick in her neck? I hope all was better when she woke. Did you get better rest that evening?

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

too cute ...I wonder how kids can sleep anywhere except their own bed when yo want them too

kids in the bed limit all the fun either when sleeping or not

Anonymous said...

That is too cute. I used to sleep with both of my daughters and, needless to say, I had to be in the middle. Every time I moved a muscle one or the other of them would snuggle into the void thus created and I would end up a sweating sardine between them. As soon as it was safe I extricated myself and slept on one side. Aaaah, the joys of motherhood.

Mary O. Paddock said...

LOL Jeanie! I miss those days when the boys were little and I'd wake to find them all piled around us or on the floor nearby. 'Hope Salina's better!

Single Mom Seeking said...

So sweet!!