Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Dona Nobis Pacem

Through Kate at Picklebums, I was reminded that today is the day to "Blog Blast for Peace".

As you know, I am far better at the inane than the profound these days. Oh yes, there were days in the past when I could examine the old bellybutton fluff and find philosophy worthy of sharing and there are some days in the present that I wish I could find the shards of my old voice to plead the case of peace.

I, personally, am all for peace.

I think the strengths of our military should be used to help people of the world affected by the natural disasters we are experiencing all too often.

I think the warmongers should all be given a nice cup of tea and a chance to explain why they should dominate the minds and souls of others and then placed in a nice padded cell where they cannot cause harm.

I think there are far more worthy things to spend our resources on than technology that can kill more effectively.

But I am just one person, and have been called naive.

However, I also think that people saying good things may convert into people doing good things, and it is never a bad thing to ask for good.

So today, as Mimi has asked, Blog for Peace. It can only do good.

3 comments:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Peace to you too Jeanie
Very inspiring words pleading the case for peace.

I agree 'there are far more worthy things to spend our resources on than technology that can kill more effectively'.


Blogblast for Peace

Anonymous said...

So glad I reminded you, I almost forgot myself! LOL
I think you have some really great points... especially about the padded cell! LOL

Mimi Lenox said...

Well said!
Thank you for blogging for peace today. I am so proud to be a blogger on this day.

Peace to you and yours.
Mimi