I have to:
Answer 6 questions about myself
- At the end of the post, tag 6 people and post their names
- Go to their blogs and leave them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read my blog
- Then, I must let the person who tagged me know when I’ve posted my answers
Places I have Lived
- For a long, long time, the ONLY place I lived was on my family property in Central Queensland;
- Then, as you know, I lived at boarding school for five years;
- I studied and lived in Brisbane (1 college, 2 share houses - 4 flatmates);
- Did 7 years in Sydney (7 share houses - 18 flatmates (although 3 of them were in more than one house) - and 1 flat all by myself (after I got rid of a hangover flatmate from the previous share house));
- I lived in Melbourne for 1 year (3 share houses - 7 flatmates) but found that although I could live with the crappy weather and despite the lifestyle being fantastic, the city was too small for one ill-advised romance, the ex and me;
- I moved back to Brisbane to study and rethink life (1 share house - 7 flatmates) and then fell in love (2 houses - 1 partner and baby), and separated (3 houses - 6 flatmates) over the next 6 years;
- Then I came up to Paradise for a myriad of reasons, including the home I now live in - with V and 'Salina.
What I Was Doing 10 Years Ago
In 1998 I had just moved back to Brisbane.
I was living in an awesome share house, working as a temp at Mack Trucks - as a PA originally, but it had morphed into building a database because Y2K was coming and a rocket had been put under upgrading some systems that were archaic and not working correctly. As I started work at 7.30 and it was Winter, my old Hiace campervan would require a clutch start 9 times out of 10 - the 10th would require a reverse clutch start at the top of the first hill!!
Every Wednesday night you could find me at Cafe Bohemia with bunch of other poets - this cafe was a venue for a lot of bohemian activity, and also had a chess evening on Tuesdays, Irish music on Sundays and a jam session most other evenings. (I actually met 'Salina's dad at the Boho).
Most other nights I would be found on our front verandah (which had a fantastic view of the city) with my flatmates and various other drop ins over bottles of wine and feasts either I had concocted or had come from the great Thai takeaway 8 minutes walk away. Occasionally I would go to other friends armed with food or wine and do basically the same thing!!
My sister lived on the other side of Brisbane so we had a tradition of meeting up most weeks.
Five things on my to do list today
- Start washing
Dinner Seduce V
(That was yesterday's list - when I started this meme - obviously the list distracted me! Here is the real today.)
- Start washing (tick)
- Write blog (tick)
- Stocktake cupboards and write shopping list
- Do budget and go shopping
- Seduce V
Salt & Vinegar chips, soft (but not too soft) licorice, dark chocolate, nuts...
What I would Do if I was a Billionaire
Hmmm - travel with my family, buy a bush block and build our dream home and garden, ensure 'Salina got a good education and start on her life, set up trusts for good causes and ideas, give to friends and extended family if they had need of it, donate to charity. Oh, and get a wedding organiser who could make decisions for me!
People I Would Like To Know More About
See, a lot of the reason that yesterday list was more enticing than pushing publish (well, a bit of the reason) was the "who to hand the
Yeah, I know - sort of like a cop out!