Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Eddie-cat etiquette

This was a post in my drafts folder.

I had started it a few years before he died, and obviously opened it again last year just days after.

Was missing him tonight when contemplating my clockwise routine to bed.

Without further ado and with minimal editing:



Eddie-cat etiquette

1. I need food. 
2. Now. 
3. If you fail to comprehend the first two points, I will become insistent. 
4. You don't want to feel the insistent. 
5. Just because you give me food doesn't mean I will eat it. 
6. Just because you give me food you know I liked yesterday doesn't mean I will eat it. 
7. Give me some OTHER food. 
8. I can sulk, you know. Right here. Under your feet. 
9. That BONK you just heard was me escaping from the house AFTER DUSK!!! 
10. That bonk is me headbutting the door to request that you open it again for me. 
11. I need food.

Good thing he was cute.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Awww. 😿 He was definitely cute.

gz said...

Reminds me of eldest son's cat...Teigar... definitely the Boss

jeanie said...

Thanks Kelly - gingers are definitely among the beautiful but unaware creatures of the cat world.
Eddie played by his own rules gz, and our role was provendor.

Debby said...

I have a ginger cat stretched out on the sofa next to me. We are definitely not the boss of him either.

jeanie said...

Purr