Friday, September 22, 2023

My Lit-teral Update

 The wind is H. O. W. L. I. N. G. outside at the moment.

It's coming from the north-east on what my grandmother would call "a lazy wind" - too lazy to go around you.


I have to admit I am failing book club this month. I have so little confidence in my ability to attain the end of this worthy tome that I am not even entertaining the thought of guilt about it.

A lot has been going on.

I have, however, had some excellent audiobook immersions in the last line while.

This was a "relisten" and I would be willing to do so again. A lovely fantasy-fairytale.

An engaging history of the colony of Lachlan Macquarie's governorship told through the lens of Elizabeth "Betsy" Macquarie's relationship with Elizabeth MacArthur, wife of John MacArthur, renowned for the Rum Rebellion and Merino sheep.

And finally, my current listen is a rather rollicking yarn.

Anything caught you by the ear of late?

6 comments:

Debby said...

If you have never read (or listened to) Eowyn Ivey, you must run. I started with The Snow Child and loved it. I am reading To The Bright Edge of The World and loving it just as well.

gz said...

Love that description of a lazy wind!

Kelly said...

I love that there is never shame at my book club. Members are free to read or not read, attend whether they've read or not, and everyone gets the opportunity to pick books. We've found that some of our best discussions are when we don't all agree about a book!

jeanie said...

I agree Kelly - our book club is very much like that. I doubt I will be the only one, and really, its about the food, the companionship and the conversations.

gz - my grandmother had some beauties!

Debby - run away or run to? I did try to see if there was any by that author on my Borrow Box but alas.

Debby said...

Run to!!!! Oh, they are so worth it. Keep looking. You will find them, eventually.

jeanie said...

I have found To the Bright Edge of the World on Spotify (seeing as I have a family account - do I need Snow Child first?