Boud at Field and Fen posed a quest recentlyLife Story on a Tray
So, I am not really fancy enough for a tray - and I am not bloggy enough to curate such a thing - but I had taken this photos a little bit ago thinking its a picture of our life.
On my other piece of toast, I like vegemite - and it has to be with butter. This is as far as I will stray from that, where spreadable has been introduced to the concept of butter. I am not brand loyal, though - it has to be Australian 0-ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.; - - th85e 7-= - apologies for that interlude, apparently Miss L, the cat, considers the laptop merely a viewing post on her way to the windowsill. As I said, it has to be Australian as foodstuffs is something we do not want to become reliant on imports for if I can help it. That and the farmers. I do go for price and whether I can win a cruise (I haven't won one yet and am not sure I would like to cruise, but would welcome the option of trying the experiment).
Vegemite - I grew up on the stuff and cannot imagine life without it. I did have to try during my first trip to visit my Mother-in-law on the other side of the world, as the little jar I took with me ran out a few days shy of my return. I take large jars now. Gout Gout is a phenomenal running talent, only 17 - unfortunately not long after Vegemite released this special commemoration for him he was badly injured, which may be par for the course for an athlete but OUCH.
If you REALLY want to make your vegemite toast that bit extra and have a ripe avocado hanging around with not much to do, mush some of that on, a bit of lemon and cracked pepper and - chef's kiss!
The Dr Pepper cans are all V I am afraid - I am not a huge fan of softdrink but unfortunately he and Paris have not got that gene. Dr Pepper is very hard to come by in this town, and every possible outlet is mined during baseball season. These are awaiting final rinse before recycling from the night before when every game that may affect the Padres finals chances has been analysed.
And yes, that countertop is on the list of "things to change in the new house" but it is down a little way.


8 comments:
That was a terrific response to the thumbnail bio idea. You brought all kinds of aspects I didn't know before.
I have Gout Gout Vegemite too. I didn't know he was injured. The spread works with so many different foods, in my opinion. Others don't have the same opinion. Of course if a foreign types tries it, they put far too much on whatever, or eat it from the jar, and of course then hate it.
I was wondering what Gout Gout was. I tried Vegemite once, never to be repeated. I think it's got to be something you grow up with:)
Love the photo and the glimpse into your life.
Thanks Boud - it was a nice prompt to work with.
I must admit that I don't ever put any back into the jar after spreading and will eat it from the (blunt) knife. He did a hamstring in training before the world athletics this year.
I didn't introduce it to my girls early enough and they don't go out of their way to eat it, I must admit. And I have tried it on V's family in the states who may share your vow.
I've had Vegemite and actually liked it, despite the fact I didn't know "less is more" at the time.
I tried Vegemite twice. Not for me--lol! :)
Post a Comment