instead I need to make phone calls.
To insurance agencies...
Nothing that dramatic though - just a windscreen repair from a tiny stone out of nowhere last week to this which will cost me $800 unless insurance come to the party;
(When I got the initial quote, they asked whether it had rain sensors - as the car is only old enough to scold when not wearing seatbelts but not so young as to think for me when it rains, I answered no - apparently the wrong answer, as the manufacturer (founder Henry) installed the more expensive rain sensoring screens but not the rain sensoring software so twice as much dosh is required. The initial quote would have saved me having to think about insurance input.)
getting paperwork organised for a little altercation that my 87 year old father had with a log;
and get some advice on what to do about the earth moving.
IMAGE: the line diagonal is what I am concerned about. The vertical line in the corner is a cord. I am not asking about the cord.(I started with this one first and oh. em. gee. It wants me to make a claim, make a complaint, email and stamp my feet. How hard is it to just get advice once you muddle through their directions of go to the app, go to this page, go to this form - please, for the love of mike, a 2 minute call with the advice required is all that I need!!!)
Instead of spending my "day off" telling you all about this.
IMAGE: lots of things that I have taken photos of in the last month
Next day off then?





19 comments:
Keep on taking lots of photos of parents. They are so nice to look back on.
You are plagued with cracks of one sort or 'tother.
The final sunrise? photo is gorgeous
In real life, I'm a lot like Jonathan Edward Durham, did I remember his name right?
Hopefully the crack in the wall is nothing disastrous.
I dread any of these kinds of phone calls (usually automated these days). I hope you can get it all sorted without too much hassle. :)
Isn't it? Definitely the upside of staying at Mum and Dad's old house.
Me too, Pixie, me too - although I can fake small talk it does exhaust. I am with you on the hopefully bit.
Your lips to gods ears Rita - AI has suggested calling an expert they have found, who happens to be the guy who did the original building and pest inspection before we bought.
I love Jonathan Edward Durham and his words of wisdom.
I'm sorry for all your phone calls. Things like that are some of my least favorite things. I also hate rocks that come out of nowhere. (and maybe logs, too)
"the line diagonal" I have so many of those I worry that one day the upstairs will land in my bedroom, but it's been years so far and nothing has fallen or collapsed. YET.
insurance could be so simple....wouldn't it be so much less stressful and easier on both sides if they didn't play silly games with us?!
Yes, it was a rock that came out of nowhere that did kill one of my cars.
Yeah, we would like that to not be the outcome too.
Ah yes, but the best way to gamble so the house wins most oft is to stack the decks.
I love the photos of your parents, Jeanie! It is beautiful.
Aieeeeee. That crack looks scary. If my husband was around, he'd be ripping drywall down to see whatvit looked like underneath. Mind you, he might take a good while to repair the drywall.
We have free windshield replacement here. Good luck. Like your father, I too hate paperwork.
That is what the people who sell windows to customers say
Isn't it? We just got to remember to take the good photos when the opportunity arises
V is promising to rebrick what is also affected outside but we need an engineer to see how big an issue we are looking at.
My insurance will also replace the windshield for free. I had forgotten that bit when I got those quotes - its just it will take an extra few weeks of driving around with a cracked windshield.
hahaha thank you for stopping by Ruby Rose
That sounds like oodles of aggravation, possibly expensive aggravation. Cracks are always a worrisome challenge. I hope yours isn't too bad when you get to it.
Post a Comment