Oh good start blogger, I do a photo dump and dump you do. So here goes my last little while, as it happened, but backwards.
Image: the flying kangaroo insignia above the agricultural patchwork of Inland Paradise.
It was the second time we had seen that viewing our return flight this morning.
Image: not the postcard view of Brisbane aka the Big Smoke
An hour earlier, we had left the Big Smoke.
I know, aren't I lah-di-dah?!
Image: a rich vein of headlights through a viscous urban morning.
This is how the Big Smoke wakes up, 5.30am on a late Winter's day.
Image: the rising of the sun silhouetting the skyline of cement.
You gotta agree, 18 floors above the lobby is quite a view!
Image: some bloke on the telly in the corner of my apartment - how swank!
The biggest luxury as a wife and mother is a night of complete control of the remote and no-one to judge your choices.
Heck, I didn't even care what I was watching! Bliss!!!
Image: the night is a little more gaudy in it's approach
I did actually try to move the hand thing along too, by the way. I won't document it here because it's confusing enough when trying to piece it together in general, but long story short, nowhere nearer having an appointment with the elusive Dr, but the bloddy thing is turning into some Odyssean drama.
Image: to the South from Room 1802 last night - buildings, lights in golds, silvers and blues.
The new cooktop is another drama requiring more money, a shell game, thoughts about retail ethics and at least one more phone call.
Image: Asian soup in a China bowl with noodles and greens and cabbage and mushrooms and beef with a chilli oil (medium semi-adventurous white girl strength) and fried shallot, garlic and coriander - all the fun things - and a mango coconut smoothie. D has a stir-fry (the other option was they would make it into a curry.
My only suggestion was smaller pieces please?
White girl with chopsticks and a spoon - and even one of those useless wooden forks - was no match for some of the vegetable matter. I thought that they would chop it? which apparently is a pretty dumb thought to just think - that don't work.
Absolute yum though, and relatively good value for this day and age (& Big Smoke prices).
Image: plane propeller in mist morning prior
Forty minutes prior I had been standing in line at Qantas check in. System down so manual check in. Flight delayed 20 minutes. At least better off than this poor girl who had missed her earlier flight, luggage locked in the house of her host who is in detention because she assaulted said guest instead of the promised trip to the Great Barrier Reef.
I mean, what the heck world!
Image: photo credit to my sister. ,(I will update with her link)
A womans hand holding two fingers of a man - both belonging to older people.
Mum and Dad both had birthdays in the last week. They have one week a year of being the same age - 87 - and 61 of those together. Isn't it a beautiful picture?
The week before my sister, brother, spouses and village moved them into the local "Resort". We were, as alluded to a few posts ago, in the Big Smoke dealing with other things.
Image: the back of the crucifix given to my aunt by a friend of her faith
The good news is that my aunt is not only alive but survived the operation that has a slim chance of allowing her a little independence - such a relative term
Image: words in page.
Hi, sorry it took me
five days to get back
to your text.
I myself am
understaffed at the
moment.
An oldie previously used - I don't have time to harvest memes as well.
Heading out to see the folk at the resort tomorrow. Back next week.
You?













0 comments:
Post a Comment