Monday, February 23, 2009

The weekend that was

  • 'Salina's team won softball. I have realised the difference between hers and the other teams is all the very cheeky boys who will steal bases on the flimsiest pretexts, and slide home even if not under pressure.
  • shopping. The grocery stores have recognised the economic downturn by making beef mince the same price as most more expensive cuts. As a result, the fancy schmancy other animal varieties have become cheaper than the beef variety.
  • Persistance is the key to getting a girl to tidy her room. We think. We are persisting with this theory. Again, I say sorry to my mother for the failings I see in my own offspring directly attributable to me.
  • I finally ticked off the "tidy up all the crap in the garage" task. I got to go for a trip down memory lane. Wow. I now know what boxes various pieces of incriminating evidence are.
  • The mince experiment made for a loverly lasagne.
  • Persistance is the key to getting a girl to tidy her room.
  • The beach offered not many waves, but a great deal of laughter and delight to all.
  • And finally, a pictorial of our Sunday afternoon task.







12 comments:

Melody said...

Nice work in the backyard done!

Meat is ridiculously overpriced - Mince too! *urgh* I used to always buy my chicken fillets from the deli department because it was a few dollars cheaper per kilo than the butcher department. We used to also shop at our local butchers sometimes as they had good meal delas - you know the ones; kilo bacon, kilo bbq sausages etc in a package. Have you considered doing that to save some $?

Mary O. Paddock said...

I've seen some prices coming down here too. We had a 1$ sale on 8oz blocks of cheese the other day--which is just unheard of here. I know this isn't good news for many of the businesses, but it's a relief for those of us scrambling to feed family.

Your yard is lovely and I am envious of your birds. Here cockatiels can only be seen in pet shops.

ELIZABETH said...

I didn't learn how to be neat til I got married and pleasing my husband was apparently more important than pleasing my mother. (or the sister I shared a room with) ; )

BB said...

Musta been mowing day on Sunday... I too wondered if I should get a shot of the pile of clippings... then decided I was far too lazy to rake it all into one impressive pile for a photo!! Well done...

Get your esky ready this weekend love, and we'll see if we can't put some sausage into the menu for the next few weeks!!! Heh.
BB

Jayne said...

Ok, now I feel exhausted just having read that and looked at those pics.
Now that you're done in your backyard....

Jayne said...

Blog bling at my blog for you.

Anonymous said...

Job well done.
Love the cockateils.

Anonymous said...

If persistence is the key to getting a girl to clean her room, how in the world do you get a boy to do it?

(and my word verification is licking. hee)

Anonymous said...

hehe, our overgrown front lawn finally got mowed on Saturday.

Persistance is the key to childrens rooms for sure! ;)

MissyBoo said...

Oh look!!! You found those citrus trees again *lol*

Sorry I couldn't resist after catching a glimpse of them in the grass of photo #2

Debby said...

Oh, I'm jealous of your green grass, and your cockatiels. *sigh* I want spring.

Woman in a Window said...

What's that green stuff called? Must be an Australian thing...

persistance? really?