Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Still in one piece

Yes, here, still "intact".

My new deadline is 4.15 this afternoon - that gives me a chance to see 'Salina after school, V to finish work YET STILL gives me an out to not go to the school concert.

Yes, I want to see my daughter perform.

However, performing a routine where they all wear black, have one glove on and to a song and performer that I really never could "get" - I start to quibble.

Watch 9 performances of varying age groups to the same performer who, frankly, doesn't have a great deal of differential in the material on offer? Teetering on the "do I have to whine".

All of the above and present a speech in my official role as head honcho of P and C?

Well, if they are of the calibre of speeches I have been pondering for the last hour or so, I am sure the 150 odd families who can be bothered to attend a school concert but cannot be bothered to be interested in anything to do with the P and C except whinge about what they don't do would wish for me to be anywhere but also.

It appears I may be getting grumpy.

11 comments:

Debby said...

You're allowed.

Jayne said...

You do grumpy with panache ;)
*sets alarm clock*

Anonymous said...

Hope you day pans out OK - first time I've read your blog, look forward to coming back.

Mistress B said...

4:15 it is.... pity babies aren't terribly compliant :P

Melody said...

It is 5 past 4 here in Victoria, so 5 past 3 in Qld. Wondering if you're still there at home...hmmm

jeanie said...

Baby has missed 4.15 deadline... Now not allowed out until later this evening.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I popped back to see the news and ready your comment above. Cracked me right up.

BB said...

I have a startlingly clear mental image of you giving a cracking speech with your legs crossed in front of hundreds of fascinated parents... lets hope they are fascinated by your speech and nothing else!
:-)
BB

Debby said...

LOL at BB.

Anonymous said...

On gosh, I think you're more than allowed grumpy. Hope the speech went ok!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

LOL ...

Seriously I can't abide people who whinge about what P & C's are doing but who gossip at the school gate about the decisions when the newsletter came out.


Paradise Baby has well & truly missed the deadline ...better take up Missyboo's advice.