What a world away from last Thursday.
Sought medical advice.
Sent for CT scan.
Whilst awaiting being diagnosed with hypochondria, a condition that I had already self-imposed, I was surprised by a call from the GP, confirming instead the diagnosis foretold on initial verbal description given on Day One by my big sister.
No success as yet of a date to see a hand surgeon. After a circular phone call bingo bust on Friday I heard of my Aunt's very resolute (if slightly confused) recovery of mind and put into progress a plan of connection.
I drove back to the big smoke with 'Salina yesterday morning, met with an absolute blessing of a friend who ferried me, fed me, made possible for me to spend time with my aunt, my friends and I got to meet her admired family member and she a special clan of mine.
I laughed much with my aunt and she got to talk with me and discuss with each other our wishes and plans and her options and pragmatic hopes and she got communion and a video call with many extended family and, oh my goodness flowers and the most amazing superwoman who is the embroidered cushion epistolated with "when you want something done, ask a busy woman". I am in awe of the amazing women that I was around this weekend.
Many "I am not a do nothing sort of woman" in each their own ways.
Then I drove, had pizza, drove, heard podcasts, dozed (don't worry, had a driver), burgered, showered, connected with Paris and crashed. There were a few great blokes in but parts too. But some absolute crackers of women.
Goodnight.





0 comments:
Post a Comment