The good news is that a weight came off my shoulders and I felt a reprieve - because in blogging, like in life, postponing is great for short-term stress solutions (sucks in the long term though).
Thanks for the great ideas - I will work it out and surprise you post after next.
However, for this post I have some housework to attend to (while avoiding the RL housework - a much more daunting task, especially since my daughter cut up the foam filter of the 20 year-old super-vacuum with the approval of another member of the household who thought it was superfluous due to the fact it had been on the kitchen bench for four days - okay, a week - sheesh, can't hire good families these days). (Oh, and I'm not going into that whole "we have two other vacuum cleaners downstairs" discussions either...)
Where was I - oh yes Mama Zen wants to know (as do all of you, I am sure) 8 Random Things about me...
So - here are 8 things you may not have known about me:
- Jeanie is not my real name. Well, it is part of my real name, and it has been my "real" name in cyberspace for about 6 years, but it was not the name that my parents bestowed upon me at birth.
- I went to boarding school at the age of 12 and then lived on a University Campus and have lived in 17 different share houses since then. In that share house time I have had 47 flatmates! That does not count the three non-share addresses that I have lived at with my daughter, my ex or V.
- I can touch my nose with my tongue.
- I competed in the National Titles for Rowing when I was a Senior at school.
- The older I get and the more I learn about people, their stories and being a parent, the more I appreciate my Mum and Dad. Both had unusual family histories yet managed to be a pretty awesome team in raising us - and they both dote upon their oldest grandchild.
- I was extremely pleased that a I had a daughter - mainly because of the name her father wanted to call her if she was a boy.
- I went to school in a town whose main claim to fame was it was first in the postcode book. Well, until they shut down the post office it was.
- I am a middle child. I have an awesome older sister who I always envied as she was (and is) taller than I, has more olive skin and straight dark brown (nearly black) hair and is excellent at putting words and pictures together. My "baby" brother is genial, sporty, a great mate to men and women alike and has a gift of fitting in to most social settings with ease. Oh, and they both have (with their separate spouses, not together) beautiful children.
I have to pass the baton for this (and if you want me to nominate you just let me know so I can do so with alacrity), so I will do my nominations for this AND also respond to BrissieMum2's honour :
in the REAL post numbered 99... Stay tuned.