Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I've Done a Bad, Bad Thing

On a blogsurf yesterday, I found a poster bemoaning the fact that the new Desperate episode they had watched would be the last for a few weeks.

Oh no, I thought (not being smart enough to look at the date or location of the poster) and went to see what her analysis of the latest episode was...

Well, of course, the date should have made me go Hmmmm... I thought for some reason she was from Perth, WA (that is Western Australia for those with different geography coordinates)... I swear, I knew not what I was doing...

Because, you see, there are rituals attended upon important programming. You get your core group of fellow devotees and you natter about what happened and what's going to happen and what you think might happen - and given my geographical coordinates, this takes a lot longer now.

Not like when my flatmate lived in the same house as me, my sister the same city. Not like when I didn't have someone special and I didn't have someone special away during the week and I didn't have someone special away during the week and hooked on Desperate.

No, now it is a long, drawn out process involving 3 separate phone calls over the next few days. And so I don't get my post Desperate fix as instantaneously as once upon a time.

(Also very much not like when I had someone special and no computer contact, phone contact or physical contact... Try a long way away and hooked on Desperate texting the analysis!)

Anyhow, so yesterday I saw the blog that mentioned Desperate and I was not yet saturated on Desperate and I saw a link





and




I



clicked it.....


Oh My Goodness.


My saving grace is that I have NFI what it was all about, as the date should have been in the future - long, long into the future according to Australian Television Programming Standards, where someone has a concept that a well aged Desparate should be considered fresh - a sort of Olive Oil of the entertainment industry.

(And no, I am not giving you a link to the post, because either (a) I don't want you to follow me down that path; (b) I wish to hold this little bit of kryptonite as my own; or (c) I have no idea on which blog I found it.)

5 comments:

Tracey said...

I'm confused!! Would I understand what you are talking about if I'd ever seen an episode of DH? But then I've never been desperate enough to watch it!! :p
Maybe I'm just best off with my head in the sand!

Melody said...

Like Tracey, I too am a little confused? I watch Desperate Housewives each week (and now I am also hooked on Brothers and Sisters)...

jeanie said...

lol - what I was convovulating about was that I saw the analysis of an episode that has not aired on Australian television...

Melody said...

Ahhh...makes sense now!

Just-Me-Jen said...

LOL! I watch a couple of my favorite shows on Netflix, which means I'm a season or two behind, so I religiously avoid any and all conversation about them, to avoid spoilers!