I don't know what these words do for you, but for me they strike a mixture of frustration, anxiety, irritation and pity. Because we have a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g history with those words. A long history with:
- real diagnoses (ah, giardia, we knew you too well);
- hereditary failings on her dad's side(her dad was untempremental in most aspects except gut);
- hereditary failings on my family's side(we have even got a pet name for ours - surname begins with a B goes so well with Belly, set off by fats, fibres, frowns and changes in the weather);
- intestinal parasites (do you know that nightmares can be attributed to worms - as can grinding teeth, thrashing legs and, well, tummy ache); and
- learned responses (hey, my daughter is no dumbcluck - she also knows how to milk it).
So anyhow, end to my early morning attempt to wrangle my desk into ordered piles, paid bills, gleaming budget and an awesome to do list (yeah, if your bs detector went off its because I was perusing blogs while - okay, instead of - doing all those worthy things).
I was also going to have a new link list up with lots of new blogs I have visited and maybe a blurb about who I visit on Wednesday (yes, I went anal a few weeks ago and have limited a lot of blogs to only once or twice a week on roster - otherwise I would have NO TIME to angst over my own life!).
WTH - here is the Wednesday list:
- cRaZy tRacE is recovering from cycling about 500km
- Miscellanous Adventures of an Aussie Mum is doing Wordless Wednesday (and she has also done a review on a book I don't think I will read - but she assures me it is very good)
- so the fish said did a meme (sort of) and please don't ever ask her to do so again!
- destinations - journeys of a restless mind is coming to terms with visiting the old stomping ground and becoming used to the new
- Geese Aplenty Bringing sexy back. is always good for a laugh, even if it is at the devil's expense
- 8 Centimeters Deluded is trying to juggle work and family and needing a few hints (oh, and through her comments I added another newbie to my extensive "gee, I'd like to check her out again one day when I have a rejig of my links... but not today" list)
- Soul Gardening did some product reviews and extolled the virtues of moving house BEFORE having the baby
- Rainy Pete's Unbalanced World is celebrating a birthday - his daughter's 4th
- Crazy Hip Blog Mamas has meatless salads for their Tuesday recipe section - too bad I find out about it on Wednesday, otherwise I would give you a killer dressing recipe!
- SurvivingSingleMom is also celebrating a birthday - her son's 5th
- and I wasted all that birth control... has a great look at the education and empowerment of women who have suffered loss and are willing to stand up and educate doctors!
- It ain't all pizzas and cream is also celebrating a birthday in a way - a tribute to his remarkable grandmother who would be 95
- Mommy Has A Headache has a great piece on t&a (warning about some of the furries in an earlier post)
- Jennster! did a product review and is looking forward to wedding bells
- The Sheila Variations I am afraid I didn't go past the fold this week, but makes me believe I am keeping up with the New York literary scene
- Tokyo Girl Down Under was investigating her local library scene
- Ms Mac had a look at school lunches
Oh, and I can tick off writing my own (very boring) blog! Good thing I got up at 4.15 - means all those other things still sitting around to do have time to be admired!