Monday, November 17, 2008

For those baying for more...

Hmph. You don't think our repast was worthy enough?

The day before most guests arrived in town. I roped about 6 into drinking champagne and filling bonbonierie bags. 'Salina, V and I went to stay at a local resort and then met about 30 friends for fish and chips near the beach at the town centre.

The day itself was gorgeous, the 75 guests were lovely (although rather hot), only 1 person fainted during the photo shoot, 6 of the 9 tables were relatively well behaved during the feast, the cakes were yummy (I found out for myself at about 9 in the evening), bowls were lots of fun, we got away about 10 minutes after V had reached his threshhold and I believe the party continued for many.

We ate dinner - you already know about that.

Yesterday we packed up and came back home, where Mum was hosting a barbeque for any lingerers, so about 30 people had burgers and salads and birthday cake for my brother. Oh - and the bonbonierie we forgot to hand out the day before!!

Most guests were out of town by 5pm and we opened many wonderful gifts.

I dropped the last guest at the airport this morning and came home to work frantically - all I want to do is sleep!

But you want photos - photos that I do not have. My sister has a few shots up and I have received only a few more.

Here are three of them...





23 comments:

Melody said...

Wonderful, wonderfu, wonderful. You have brought tears to my eyes!!! Just wonderful!!!!!

Debby said...

I've enjoyed my glimpse into your day. Thank you. I hope that you and V always live in Paradise.

And was that so hard to post? What a girl you are...enchilada recipes, my shoe!

BB said...

You know we all love the recipes, hon. Your faithful readers' appetites were whet for something more romantic and ceremonial, perhaps??

:-)
BB

PS WV is 'mosenonc'... does that mean to shuffle off before you bump your head?? I'll take the hint!

Kari said...

Jeanie, your day was beautiful but even more so you were (and are) beautiful.

Congrats to you, V, and Salina.

Debby said...

Now BB, don't be trying to placate her. When she's got her readers panting for wedding pictures, an enchilada recipe (no matter HOW good it is) is not going to cut it!

PS Your smile tells the whole joyous story!

Debby said...

OOoh. I just had to comment again. My word verification is duckies!

I love that!

Pencil Writer said...

Great gift. Lovely photos. Great smiles. Job well done.

How does one get the WV of "greta" anyway? IS "Greta" someone's middle name, by chance? Or does it just mean someone misspelt "Great"? ;-}

MissyBoo said...

It sounds like a wonderful day, and you look so happy.

Thanks for sharing more than enchiladas!

Life. Complicated. said...

CONGRATS! I am so happy for you all!!

mommamia said...

I'm so happy for all of you. I want to see more pictures!

Jayne said...

Love the photos, Jeanie, you look fab and it looks like a wonderful day :)

Maude Lynn said...

You look stunning! I'm off to see more photos!

Crazed Nitwit said...

Congratulations and happiness forever.


Huge HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I demand more pictures. I sound bossy today! Beautiful, all of you, just beautiful.

(WV: coved)

Imageo said...

Congrats on your big day and all the best for the future !

Anonymous said...

The photo's are lovely!!

congratulations!!!

MissyBoo said...

There is another award for you (as you create your own honeymoon suite) over at my blog!

Julie Pippert said...

How LOVELY!

The joy is palpable. :)

Debby said...

PS: I made your enchiladas for supper tonight. Tim liked them. As good as they were, however, they were no substitute for your smiles of joy on your wedding day.

Debby said...

PS...I just have to leave another comment. My WV is grout. How funny is that?

I'm Julie said...

Can't wait to see more pics and hear more about it. You look absolutely radiant!

But for God's sake, stop reading blog comments and start honeymoonin', girl!

Woman in a Window said...

Absolutely beautiful. That second shot is pure joy! So glad you shared.

Congratulations, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jeanie! How beautiful! How absolutely heart warming.
You looked gorgeous!