Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm blogging, so it must be

Sunday.

Or the long list of "things I must do today" is threatening to topple and it is my version of the "la la la la LA" with fingers in my ears movement...

One of the two.

I had a l-o-n-g week, and have not had a chance to visit even my favourite bloggers.

I spent the daylight hours in an office, where the only breaks I had from monotony were phone calls, drop-ins and very occasional data entry. Given that I had managed to accidentally divert the phones on the first day, I didn't even have phones to divert me for a few hours of one!

That would have given me ample opportunity to catch up on all my favourite blogs, of course, except they had managed to block all internet access to blogs.

Oh well, my boxes of paperwork are now more organised and they are HUGELY impressed with my template skills.

I spent the pre-daylight hours trying to deal with my clients "urgent, urgent, urgent!" emails and keep a certain amount of sweetness in my business that will have to susutain me as offers to bore myself in other offices are sporadic at best.

I spent the post-daylight hours sleeping - apparently I need more than 6 hours a night some nights.

And in the vein of "when it rains" V actually got a few days work last week that may extend to beyond the end of the month, so 'Salina got to be one of those pathetic poor children blessed with before AND after school care.

Don't feel too sorry for her - she knows how to milk it, and it has been converted.

Not much else news here - if it were later in the day, I would be able to let you know if last weeks Lemon Squares convert at all as Grapefruit Squares. If it were earlier I would wax lyrical about the plans I had for Sunday that are now apparently at nought. But as it is right now, I leave you with nothing more than promises to "do better".

12 comments:

Sarah Lulu said...

Sending you hugs ...don't forget to have at least five minutes of fun ..

Jayne said...

Crikey you're even more busy - I didn't think that was possible!
Am going to try to convert the sinfully delish lemon squares into orange squares lol.

ELIZABETH said...

Thought you were suppose to be storing up sleep for later.

I'll do it for you if you like. *grin*

Crazed Nitwit said...

Wish V happy Father's Day from America.

Glad all is going well for you. HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Woman in a Window said...

Such a busy lady. Tell me it's coming to an end for a bit! You're going to need some r&r real soon, you know.

Widdle Shamrock said...

OMG, I haven't even recovered from the sinfully delightful lemon squares. To suggest anything else is just downright decadant.

Take care and make time for rest.

Mistress B said...

I think everyone is still recovering from the lemon squares!

Ree said...

We're here whenever... ;-)

And template skills are important. Really.

Anonymous said...

Grapefruit squares? Really? Hmm....

Debby said...

Hi Jeanie...take a break, you're preggers, man.

*Zips over to Rhubarb"s*

MissyBoo said...

Pregnancy will require more than 6 hours sleep unfortunately :) And my work has blocked access to blogs too - hint try Google Reader ;)

Hope you get to slow the pace a bit soon

Frogdancer said...

Google Reader eh?
I was blogsurfing at work and I couldn't get onto any blogs after I clicked away from Google Reader. I just assumed that the wireless network only sporadically worked in the art classrooms. Maybe there's something more sinister at foot...

I clicked on comments to say something, but now I can't remember what it was.