Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Hear that?

No, not the hum of the construction work being finalised next door.

Not the faint echoes of my mewling bitchiness yesterday. (Is that mixed moggification?)

Not the whir of the washing machine doing its last load for the morning.

Not the revving of engines as caravan-towing holiday-makers discover this great straight road.

Not the screech of the saws of the installantion crew fixing the drainage.

Not the chatter of the local radio station.

Not the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard.

Not even the songs and twitters of the native wildlife.

Yes - that - the silence.

No?

It is here somewhere, I swear!!! I heard it just a little while ago - just after the school bus left and the smoko van had tooted its call to the workers.

7 comments:

Crazed Nitwit said...

I can dig the silence. Completely.



silent hugs

Jay said...

Good luck on hearing it again sometime soon!

Woman in a Window said...

Ohhh, I think I like you. Where'd you come from? Must read on.

Debby said...

*tiptoes quietly back out*

Maude Lynn said...

Keep listening!

Jayne said...

The silence is screaming here :P

jeanie said...

lol - glad you could all hear that over the background noise!