Instead, I have had 5 BIG THINGS to do every day and man, have the 5 BIG THINGS been done!
Another problem with limiting myself to the 5 BIG THINGS was that I didn't get to list "Guard against lurgy", and it ticked me right off its list.
So I have been both businesswoman-extraordinaire and a bit blurghy. I would have preferred a bit bloggy.
Today was Friday. Yeah, no
This meant that my usual voluntary labour at tuckshop would have been both expected and appreciated. Even if I was as infectious as a yawn at an early church service.
V finally went back to work today, after being held in the throes of the same lurgy all week. 'Salina was slow to rise, and I was slow to ride her on getting ready, so she got to travel to school with me.
When we got to school, she discovered she had not only left her homework at home (a common occurance and one we don't want to continue as the teacher awards merits on remembering homework on Fridays) but her whole school bag.
One of the perks of your mum helping in tuckshop is that you get tuckshop generally on the day she does, as she can't be bothered doing your lunch before school. And one of the perks of having an indulgant mother is that she will go home to get the homework at some point during the day. I know - neither will ever learn!
Anyhow - where was I? Friday... school... Oh yes, tuckshop. The tuckshop convenor (hereafter known as Ms C) was very glad to see me, lurgy and all, as after the rest of the week being slow and her working alone, it was excessively busy - and she wasn't looking forward to working alone.
My strength in the art of the tuckshop is procedures. While some have called my style "bossy" (ahem) I prefer to refer to it as "time and motion". (I was taught by the master). Anyhow, Ms C was perfectly happy to let me push around the paperwork and play with orders and money
I had to rush off after "little lunch" as my 5 BIG THINGS were still out there to do. Only I got home (for abovementioned homework) and found that Eddie still remembered one unwritten thing and was quite vocal about my failure to include it. Sigh - cats needing food will organise such demonstrations.
So, the rest of the day went (5 BIG THINGS in capitals)
- Get urgent supplies for tuckshop at iga
- Deliver supplies and homework to school
- COLLECT ARTWORK FOR FLYERS
- ORGANISE PRINTING OF FLYERS
PUT ADS IN NEWSPAPER(well, tried to and failed...)
- Return library books
- Organise boots to be mended
- Small grocery shop
- Bump into friends of parents
- Collect mail
- Collect voicemails and attend to small matters
- PUT ADS IN NEWSPAPER
- Cycle to park for friend's son's birthday
BUY STICKERS FOR QUICK FIX FOR BUSINESS CARDS(didn't happen as stickers almost as expensive as just getting new cards so contemplating my alternatives)
- Cycle back to park for friend's son's birthday
- Admire cute baby, collected shells and starfish
- Cycle home for jacket and car as wind is freezing
- Drive back to park for friend's son's birthday
- Network with a friend of the friend who may be able to be of mutual assistance (sheesh, talking business at a social event, how businesswoman-extraordinaire of me...)
- Pour girl who has indulged in 2 hours running, playing, eating a little bit of junk food and ice-cream cake, sparkler action and a lolly from the party bag into the car. Shove in her bike also.
- Stir girl to bathe, okay - have a banana - time for bed, time for bed, time for bed NOW, read, sing, time for bed, time for bed, time for bed NOW!!!
- Collapse with coffee and glass of
- What the heck - BLOG!!!
Thank you so much for your comments - I know that the "ORGANISE WEDDING" has not been part of my 5 BIG THINGS strategy this week, but either it will make its way to the top some time soon, or I will be so busy with the 5 BIG THINGS and getting rich that I can afford to just subcontract it!!